In seven weeks:
- I went from being winded after running 200m and having to slow to a walk in a 400m to running an entire 1600m without walking!
- I am significantly more flexible, as evidenced by the “V-sit” stretch we do at the beginning of each workout.
- I can do a 1-abmat handstand pushup (if I want more than 1 rep, I use 2 abmats).
- Double-unders (jumping rope and having rope pass under your feet twice for each jump) have gone from 0 reps to 10-15 reps consistently.
- I get antsy if I don’t work out at least 4 times a week OTHER than playing hockey and soccer.
- I have dropped close to 8 pounds.
- I feel healthier.
- I look better.
- I sleep better.
- I talk about CrossFit waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than I used to and hockey a lot less. Although I still talk about hockey a lot.
On tap for this month:
- Drop some time off that 1600m (currently 9:02).
- Do a pullup.
- Double-unders up to 15-20 reps consistently.
- Wean myself off of doing pushups on my knees all the time.
- Rx a WOD.
- Lose a little more weight.
- Continue working out at least 4 times a week.
- Look better
- Feel better.
- Sleep better. Because goodness knows, the way this month looks, I’m going to need it.
I cannot say enough good about Crossfit. I listen to my body, but I push my body. I never knew what I had in me (I FREAKING RAN A MILE) and can’t wait to see what I can do next.