Here is what I went to at Educause 2009:
- Lawrence Lessig: It Is About Time: Getting Our Values Around Copyright Right
- Brenda Gourely: Dancing with History: A Cautionary Tale
- 2009 Campus Computing Survey
- Leadership Lightning Round: focus on budgets
- Change Leadership lunch
- Library Lightning Round: focus on information literacy
- Community Showcase (i.e. poster sessions)
- I’m Thin and Green: Reducing the Desktop Carbon Footprint While Offering Anywhere, Anytime Computing Services
- What Happened to the Computer Lab?
- Implementing a Cost-Effective and User-Friendly E-Mail, Calendaring, and Collaboration System
- Plug-in and Play: Teaching Research to the 21st Century Student
Following the #educause09 twitter hashtag was a great way to get a sense of what was going on in each of the sessions. I hope next year the hashtag is shorter and each session gets its own hashtag. I propose something like: #ed10 for the main hashtag, and an indication of the day and session number in the others (e.g. #w2, #f9)
The iphone/mobile web interface for the sessions was significantly easier and faster to use than the “regular” web page. I used it exclusively, even from my laptop.
FYI, links will come later, as they are updated on the Educause web site.