I’ve never named my vehicles, although many people I know have. Cars I know include: Dave, Suzi, Subi, GC, Scarlett, and Gus. Cars that belonged to me were named: Sunbird, Truck, Blazer, and Civic. Apparently I’m not so much on the imaginative naming.
I want to name my bike. And that, my dear readers, is where you come in. Help me figure out a name!
Things to know:
- The bike itself is a Marin Kentfield (see the post below this one).
- It’s silvery black.
- It wants to have a one-word name.
- It needs to be a strong name, but can be feminine as well.
So far I’ve come up with:
- Shadow (but eh… not so interesting)
- Minnow (I typed “silvery” into google and found both silvery minnows and gibbons – minnow intrigues me more)
- Pablo (Kentfield is a town in the Bay Area, and did you know that the bay is actually San Pablo Bay?)
- Dipsea (Marin Brewery has a beer called “Old Dipsea” – but might be too close to “Dipsy” the teletubbie)
Any other suggestions? Do any of those strike your fancy? I’m looking for feedback, opinions, declarations that I’m crazy for naming a bike, etc. etc. And then I shall name her.
P.S. My father rode a sky-blue Schwinn 10-speed road bike for years, and my brother ended up with it in college (and beyond, perhaps). That bike was Old Blue. Good name for a bike…