How did I do on last year’s resolutions? If you’ll remember, they were to read at least 50 books, find at least 20 geocaches, score 2 points in hockey, bike more, and move/lift. Well, I read. Some. And then apparently stopped once August came rolling around. Fortunately I was able to read a few more books over vacation (thus far) and finished the year with 46 under my belt. As for geocaching – nope, not even close. I think I’m going to have to take caching off my resolution list, as it doesn’t seem like I’m doing it for fun, but rather out of obligation. In hockey, I had 6 goals and 19 assists – 2 of those assists in Nationals! – so I definitely accomplished that resolution. I biked some this year. It definitely helps to have a decent bike! And I more than “moved” because as you’ll recall, I joined CrossFit New England and have been kicking some serious butt.
This year’s numerical summary:
- Books read: 46
- States visited: 6 (NH, VT, ME, NY, MN, CO)
- Countries visited: 1 (Mexico)
- Hockey games played: 86 (being on 3 summer teams will do that…)
- New gadgets: 1 (a Droid Eris)
- Dogs: 2, still.
This coming year, I again have some modest resolutions.
- Continue with Crossfit and achieve the goals I set there each month.
- Knit more: 3 hats in January, finish the Janda sweater, Bruins gloves, and the fingerless gloves I started in Maine.
- Keep my weight under my magical number all year long.
- Play more games! Bananagrams is at the top of that list, for sure.
- Read more books in 2010 than I read in 2009.
- Learn to can fruits and veggies.
- Travel to more places in 2010 than I did in 2009. (Already on the calendar: Mexico, New Hampshire, Maine, Vermont, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and potentially California for a work conference – would like to get to Florida and Michigan this year too.)
Should be easy to do, right? Well, check back NEXT January 1 (that’d be in 2011, y’all) and see how I do!
Happy New Year to you and yours in 2010.