- Sidney Crosby is amazing. He just helped Pittsburgh Penguins beat the Sabres in the overtime shoot-out.Â What a shot!
- BC made it to the women’s Frozen Four!Â I’m really excited for them.Â Someday there will be a cable channel devoted to women’s college hockey, and I will be one of the first subscribers.Â Lake Placid is just a little too far to drive this weekend
- I’m trying to accumulate a list of college/university computing groups who have blogs.Â Unlike in the library community, which has the lovely blogwithoutalibrary.net listing, I can’t seem to find a listing of those sorts of blogs.Â Any help, anyone out there?
- Hi Mom!
- Maggie got into a porcupine last week.Â Fortunately, she realized instantly that she needed to get the hell AWAY from the thing, and only ended up with 5 needles hanging out of her face.Â I wasn’t around; Amy got to deal with the little dog getting herself into injury situation without me once again.Â (The other times she’s gotten run over by a truck and sliced open her upper lip. Fortunately, no serious damage either time. Dog of Steel.)
- I’ve been reading again.Â I highly recommend Dark at the Roots: A Memoir (a book that will make you treasure your lovely, loving, not-even-remotely-that-dysfunctional childhood) and The Long Run (a book that will ALSO make most people treasure their childhoods).Â Love the advance reader’s copies that I can pick up at library conferences… Fun stuff!
- My life is consumed with three things: reading, work, and hockey.Â WHAT HAPPENED TO KNITTING???? I miss knitting, but can’t seem to figure out how to get back into it. Silly hockey obsession!
- Speaking of hockey, my team is almost done with our season.Â We’ve not done as well as we should; we’re one of those teams that tends to play at the level of whatever team we’re playing, for better or worse.Â Fortunately, we’ve got a tournament in a couple of weeks where we’ve been placed up a division.Â We should get the living daylights knocked out of us, but we’re going to have fun!Â A few of use from our team have hooked up with another team and are going to a tournament in Vermont in April, and I just got word of a possible May tournament as well… and then there’s hockey camp at Dartmouth this summer (seriously.) and the power skating clinic in August that I’ve already signed up for.Â Did I mention that this is a bit of an obsession?Â Can you tell?
- Last weekend in MN, I watched about 15 games of hockey with my dad.Â The Wild, the Gophers, and more high school state tournament hockey than you can shake a stick at.Â OFFICIALLY OBSESSED. Which reminds me, I need to get my skates sharpened tomorrow.
That is all.